In recent years, with the continuous research and development of titanium, there are more and more various titanium materials, and titanium wire is one of the common titanium materials in life. Generally speaking, titanium and titanium alloy wires refer to titanium products supplied in the form of disks, and some are also supplied in the form of straight wires. As far as the diameter is concerned, the standard for dividing titanium wire and titanium rod is not strict. Different countries have different standards. The Chinese standard "GB3623-83" for wire only states that the diameter of titanium and titanium alloy wire is not more than 6mm. Titanium Rod Supplier will introduce the classification and development of titanium wire.
1. Classification of titanium wire
Titanium and titanium alloys can be prepared with different requirements according to their performance. They are generally divided into: pure titanium wire, titanium alloy wire, pure titanium eyeglass wire, titanium straight wire, titanium welding wire, titanium hanger wire, and titanium disc. Wire, titanium bright wire, medical titanium wire, titanium nickel alloy wire, each have different uses. For example, pure titanium eyeglass wire is mainly used to make eyeglass holders, titanium hanger wire is used to hang heavy weight, and titanium nickel alloy wire is often used as a memory alloy material.
The finished products of titanium and titanium alloy wire are generally hard and annealed, and the surface can be divided into two types: pickled surface and bright surface.
2.Application of Titanium Wire
Titanium wire also has the advantages of titanium and titanium alloys. It has a series of excellent characteristics such as good corrosion resistance, high specific strength, non-magnetic, high biocompatibility, low impedance to ultrasonic waves, and good shape memory function. Therefore, titanium and titanium alloy wires are widely used in many fields such as aerospace, petrochemical, medical and health, automotive, construction, and sports and leisure products.
And in recent years, due to its continuous development, the variety is increasing, which provides more choices for its high-performance industrial and consumer applications.
(1) More than 80% of titanium and titanium alloy wires are used as welding wires, such as welding of various titanium equipment, welding pipes, repair welding of turbine discs and blades of aviation jet engines, welding of casings, etc.
(2) Because of its excellent corrosion resistance, titanium wire has been widely used in chemical, pharmaceutical, papermaking and other industries. It can be prepared into a mesh shape as a seawater filter, purified water filter, chemical filter, etc.
(3) Titanium and titanium alloy wires are also used to manufacture fasteners, load-bearing members, springs, etc. due to their comprehensive properties.
(4) In the medical and health industry, due to its excellent biocompatibility, titanium and titanium alloy wires are used to manufacture medical devices, implanted in dental crowns, and skulls.
(5) Certain titanium alloy wires with shape memory functions, such as titanium nickel alloy wires, are used to make satellite antennas, shoulder pads for clothing, women's underwear, glasses frames, and so on.
(6) In the electroplating and water treatment industries, titanium and titanium alloy wires are used to make various electrodes.
With the development of the national economy, the demand for titanium wires and titanium alloys including Titanium Sheet from all walks of life is increasing. At present, demand is in short supply and development potential is very large.