Here is a Flat Titanium Bar Exporter talking about the notes that should be considered when cutting titanium.
If you want to know the Round Titanium Bar Price, feel free to contact us.
Round Titanium Bar Price
Titanium is a new type of metal. The properties of titanium are related to the content of impurities such as carbon, nitrogen, hydrogen and oxygen. The main performance is as follows:
(1) High specific strength. The density of titanium alloy is generally about 4.5g/cm3, which is only 60% of steel. The strength of pure titanium is close to that of ordinary steel. Some high-strength titanium alloys exceed the strength of many alloy structural steels. Therefore, the specific strength (strength/density) of the titanium alloy is much larger than that of other metal structural materials, and parts and components having high unit strength, good rigidity, and light weight can be produced. Titanium alloys are currently used in aircraft engine components, skeletons, skins, fasteners and landing gear.
(2) High heat strength. Titanium alloy still has a high specific strength in the range of 150 ° C ~ 500 ° C, while the specific strength of aluminum alloy at 150 ° C is significantly reduced. Titanium alloys can operate at temperatures up to 500 ° C and aluminum alloys at temperatures below 200 ° C.
(3) Good corrosion resistance. Titanium alloy works in moist atmosphere and seawater medium, and its corrosion resistance is much better than that of stainless steel; it is particularly resistant to pitting, acid etching and stress corrosion; organic substances for alkali, chloride and chlorine, nitric acid, sulfuric acid Such as excellent corrosion resistance. However, titanium has poor corrosion resistance to a medium having a reducing oxygen and a chromium salt.
(4) Good low temperature performance. Titanium alloys retain their mechanical properties at low and ultra-low temperatures. Titanium alloys with good low-temperature properties and extremely low interstitial elements, such as TA7, retain a certain degree of plasticity at -253 °C. Therefore, titanium alloy is also an important low temperature structural material.
(5) Large chemical activity. Titanium has a large chemical activity, and it has a strong chemical reaction with O, N, H, CO, CO2, water vapor, ammonia, etc. in the atmosphere, and is easy to adhere to the friction surface.
(6) The thermal conductivity is small and the modulus of elasticity is small. Titanium has a small thermal conductivity, so its rigidity is poor and easy to deform. It is not suitable to make slender rods and thin-walled parts. The amount of springback of the machined surface during cutting is very large, which is likely to cause severe friction, adhesion and sticking of the flank of the tool. Knot wear.
In view of these chemical properties of titanium, what issues should be paid attention to during the cutting process of titanium sheets?
(1) If semi-automatic cutting is performed, the guide rails should be placed on the plane of the titanium plate, and then the cutter should be placed on the guide rails. Note that the order cannot be reversed.
(2) The cutting parameters should be appropriate, and should be reasonably determined according to the thickness of the titanium plate, etc., in order to obtain a good cutting effect.
(3) If the nozzle is cut, check whether it is unblocked. If there is any blockage, it should be cleared in time.
(4) Before the titanium plate is cut, the surface should be cleaned and a certain space should be left, which can facilitate the blowing of the slag.
(5) The distance between the cutting tip and the surface of the titanium plate should be appropriate. It is not good to be too close or too far.
(6) Preheating of the titanium plate should be sufficient to avoid affecting the cutting process.
(7) If you cut work pieces of different sizes, you should cut the small pieces first and then the large ones.
We have China Titanium Bar Gr5. If you need any information about the product, welcome to follow our website.