First, the ten characteristics of titanium
1. Low density and high specific strength: The density of metal titanium is 4.51g / cm3, which is higher than aluminum and lower than steel, copper, and nickel, but the specific strength is at the top of metal.
2. Corrosion resistance: Titanium is a very active metal, its equilibrium potential is very low, and the tendency of thermodynamic corrosion in the medium is large. But in fact titanium is very stable in many media, such as titanium is resistant to corrosion in oxidizing, neutral and weak reducing media.
3. Good heat resistance: The new titanium alloy can be used for a long time at a temperature of 600 ° C or higher.
4. Good low temperature resistance: Low temperature titanium alloys such as titanium alloys TA7 (Ti-5Al-2.5Sn), TC4 (Ti-6Al-4V) and Ti-2.5Zr-1.5Mo, the strength of which decreases with temperature It is improved, but the plasticity is not changed. It maintains good ductility and toughness at low temperature of -196-253 ℃, avoids cold brittleness of metal, and is an ideal material for low temperature containers, storage tanks and other equipment.
5. Strong anti-damping performance: After mechanical titanium and electrical vibration, titanium metal has the longest attenuation time compared with steel and copper.
6. Non-magnetic and non-toxic: Titanium is a non-magnetic metal and will not be magnetized in a large magnetic field. It is non-toxic and has good compatibility with human tissues and blood. Therefore, there are many titanium products such as Titanium Bar. Adopted by the medical community.
7. The tensile strength is close to its yield strength: This property of titanium indicates that its yield ratio (tensile strength / yield strength) is high, which indicates that the metal titanium material has poor plastic deformation during forming. Because the ratio of titanium's yield limit and elastic modulus is large, the springback capacity of titanium during molding is large.
8. Good heat transfer performance: Although the thermal conductivity of titanium metal is lower than that of carbon steel and copper, due to the excellent corrosion resistance of titanium, the wall thickness can be greatly reduced, and the surface and steam heat transfer method is droplet condensation. The heat group is reduced, and the non-fouling on the surface can also reduce the thermal resistance, which significantly improves the heat transfer performance of titanium.
9. Low elastic modulus: The elastic modulus of titanium is 106.4GMPa at room temperature, which is 57% of steel.
10. Inspiratory performance: Titanium is a very active chemical metal, and can react with many elements and compounds at high temperatures. Titanium getter mainly refers to react with carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen and oxygen at high temperature.
Second, the three major functions of titanium
Functional materials are engineering materials based on physical properties, that is, materials with special properties in electricity, magnetism, sound, light, heat, etc., or materials that exhibit special functions under their action. Research on titanium and titanium alloys has found three special functions that are promising:
1. Memory function: Titanium-nickel alloy has unidirectional, bidirectional and omnidirectional memory effects at a certain ambient temperature, and is recognized as the best memory alloy. In engineering, it is used to make pipe joints for the hydraulic system of fighter jets; the oil pipeline system of petroleum joint ventures; Titanium Sheet is used in aerospace vehicles; in medical engineering, it is used to make hysteria treatment; and screws are used for fracture healing. The above applications have achieved significant results.
2. Superconducting function: When the temperature of the titanium alloy is lower than the critical temperature, it exhibits a superconducting function with zero resistance.
3. Hydrogen storage function: Ferroalloys have the characteristics of absorbing hydrogen, which can store a large amount of hydrogen safely and release hydrogen in a certain environment. This is very promising in the fields of hydrogen separation, hydrogen purification, hydrogen storage and transportation, and manufacturing of heat pumps and batteries using hydrogen as an energy source.
The above are the characteristics of titanium introduced by Titanium Alloy Bar Factory. Hope to help you.
Previous: Performance Of Titanium